New NHS patients are always welcome
Everyone is entitled to NHS dental treatment to keep your mouth, gums and teeth healthy. We provide a full range of NHS dental treatments including hygienist services, crowns and dentures. We may also offer you alternative treatment options not available on the NHS such as white fillings or cosmetic crowns and veneers outlining their benefits and costs.
On the NHS, you will be asked to pay one of three dental charges depending on which band your treatment falls in. Denture repairs are free of charge.
Dental charges as of 14th December 2020:
|This covers check ups, x-rays, scale and polish and urgent treatment.|
|This covers everything listed in Band 1 plus fillings, root canal work and extractions.|
|This covers everything listed above plus crowns, dentures and bridges.|
Free NHS dental treatment or help with health costs
You are entitled to free NHS dental treatment if, when the treatment starts, you are:
- You are under 18 years of age
- You are under 19 years of age and in full time education
- You are pregnant or had a baby in the last 12 months
You are also entitled to free NHS dental treatment if, when the treatment starts, you are named on a claim for:
- Income Support
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- Universal Credit and for the last assessment period there were no earnings or earnings within the allowed limit
- A valid NHS Tax Credit Exemption Certificate
- A valid HC2 Certificate
If you are on low income and think you may be entitled to help with your NHS health costs, you can pick up a form HC1 from reception.