What is Invisalign?
Invisalign treatment uses a series of near invisible, custom-made aligners that can straighten your teeth without using traditional metal wires or brackets. The clear aligners are removable, so you can take them out when you need to eat or brush your teeth.
Over the course of your treatment, you will be given a set of removable aligners that look a bit like retainers. The system uses thermoplastic material to gradually straighten your teeth.
To keep the straightening process going, your aligners need to be worn for 20 to 22 hours a day. You can remove them for eating or brushing your teeth, but if taken out too much, treatment won’t be as effective.
The total treatment time averages from 9 to 15 months but can take as little as three depending on the type of Invisalign aligners you have.
What are the advantages of Invisalign?
Invisalign is one of the most popular methods for teeth straightening amongst adults. Over 2.5 million people worldwide have used Invisalign for straightening crooked or misaligned teeth and for closing gaps between their teeth.
Why is Invisalign so popular and what are the key benefits of it? See the list below:
- Effective – Invisalign orthodontic treatment starts working from the beginning. You will notice incredible results of your new smile even before the treatment is completed.
- Customised – Our clinical team will take the impressions of your teeth and will custom make the aligners specifically developed to suit your mouth.
- Clear – The Invisalign aligners are almost invisible, so people can’t usually notice that you are straightening your teeth.
- Removable – Probably one of the best things about the Invisalign is that aligners can be removed when eating, to maintain good oral health or during special occasions such as a wedding.
- Comfortable – Invisalign aligners don’t tend to irritate your mouth or gums as they are made from plastic material rather than metal wires or brackets.
How long does treatment take?
The average Invisalign treatment takes 9-15 months but varies depending on your individual needs. Treatment can take as little as three months in some cases. At your initial consultation, your dentist will be able to recommend which type of aligners are suitable for you and outline how long treatment will take.
How much does Invisalign cost?
The cost of Invisalign treatment varies from case to case. Treatments start from around £1,500 and can go up to £5,000 depending on the type of Invisalign aligners you need and the complexity of the issues with your teeth. Your dentist will always explain costs in full before beginning any treatment.